Jan 11

Li’l Dumpling Girls Skirt

I was talking with a friend about what my next sewing project should be and she suggested I sew a skirt for my daughter.  I was reminded of the supercute ragged skirt that a girl in the Studio made for my daughter this summer.  Isn’t this skirt precious??  Of course, I’m partial to the model but I think this tiered skirt could make even a tree stump look adorable!  Flora’s skirt was made with our Red Delicious fabrics but could be created with any of the colors in our Jubilee Fabric collection.  In fact, I might take my friend’s advice and make one of these skirts in a different color for next summer!

Do you have a Li’l Dumpling in mind who needs a unique skirt like this in her summer wardrobe?  We’d like to help you get started by giving away a print pattern for this skirt!  This project is easy and rewarding — people will ooh and ahh over her one-of-a-kind skirt.  We offer both a print pattern and a digital download pattern for this project.  The patterns include instructions for small (2/3), medium (4/5), and large (6) and could be easily modified to make even larger sizes.  Maybe matching Mommy & Me skirts??

To enter the giveaway for this Li’l Dumpling Girls Ragged Skirt Pattern, simply leave a comment on this blog.  Tell me what color skirt you would make!  Entries will be accepted through Saturday, January 14th.

18 comments

18 comments!!!

1. Marie says:

What a cute skirt!- My grand-daughter loves the wild animal prints,now.
    I’d love to have the pattern to make her one with those prints.
    She’d go “wild”.

2. girls skirts says:

I love how this little girl like her skirt. She looks very lovely in it. She have fun wearing this beautiful red skirt.

3. marlene murray says:

Love, love, love, this skirt! I’ve been looking for a project for me and my 10 yr. old granddaughter and matching skirts would be perfect! Your little model is beautiful and so enjoy your pics. I think red is the fabric for us too! Thanks for these opportunities! Have a blessed day!

• Rags-n-Rhinestones says:

We would love to see pics of your grandmother/granddaughter skirts when you get them done! That sounds really cute.

4. Lynette Waggoner says:

I made my little granddaughter, Norah, a doll quilt from the bright colors. Turned out so cute! Would LOVE to make her a matching quilt!! That would be a nice cold and rainy day project (if it ever gets cold down here in Texas this winter!!) Thanks!

5. Julie says:

DEFINITELY PINK!!! What an adorable pattern!!

6. Shannon Wallace says:

I LOVE this skirt, and I am so glad you all shared this on your blog! I’ve been wanting to make myself (I don’t have a daughter yet, and no nieces) a skirt, and this appears to be simple enough for me to make. :o) I would make a multi-color skirt of out the bright homespun that you sell! Love those colors!

P.S.: I agree with the others, what a cutie and a blessing!

7. Lynn says:

Tiered skirts are my favorite and yours are so beautiful. I would make one out of those pretty pink colors for my granddaughter.

8. Tessa says:

This would be so cute to make for my little sister. I’d make it red or blue!

9. Cindy K says:

What an awesome idea for using your beautiful homespun fabrics. I love it and I think I would make a red skirt as well. Happy New Year to you all and a wonderful year selling your fabrics!

10. Jane Jackson says:

Very cute, I think I will make one in blue to match my oldest granddaughters beautiful blue eyes =)

11. Traci Stine says:

Hello! I am glad to say that after having 5 boys finally getting two girls in a row, I will be making this skirt in pale pinks for my 9 year old and hot pink for my 10 year old! I showed them the picture and they can’t wait to make one! Thanks for sharing!!!

12. Courtney says:

Aww (: I would do a dark blue, like navy blue.

13. Carol Castro says:

My granddaughter would look so adorable in this skirt! I’m not sure what color I would make it, maybe pink.

14. Robin Scott says:

What a beautiful child! You’re so blessed to have her. Thanks for sharing her with us.

15. Patsy Koffer says:

Love it!! I’d probably do it in pink or turquoise.

16. Kathy Bryant says:

How adorable!!! I will need to make one for my niece a keep the pattern for future nieces!! I think I would probably make it in blue’s as she likes blue. Looks like a quick easy to make pattern!!

17. Adorable!!!!!! I just love it!